From our Heart to Yours

From our Heart to Yours
Bubba, Bubby, Bug & Lil Bro, Daddy with Baby Bro & Pixie, Sister, Sissy and Mama

Monday, December 10, 2012

Awesome Big Bubba

Since Bug was about 6mns old he has been Bubba's buddy.  Bubba has been in charge of bringing him to me in the morning when he was little and still nursing and helping change his diapers to now when he is almost 2 years old starting to train him on the potty.  Every day Bubba is the one who wakes Bug up, gets him dressed for the day and gives him his first cup of milk.  He also is the one who takes him and  picks him up from nursery at church.  If we go somewhere he puts him in the JBus and buckles him up, when we come home he gets him out and brings him inside.  He takes him around to all the JClan and I (and Daddy when he is home) in the evening and has him tell us "night night" with hugs and kisses before he puts him to bed.  Some people would say this is horrible to have our oldest son do these things.  But after Sunday night my heart is happy that we have made the decision for everyone to have a buddy in our family!

Sunday nights are AWANA nights.  I help with the Cubbies while everyone else is in their age appropriate groups.  Most nights the nursery workers take Bug around in his stroller for a ride.  This Sunday night he saw me in the hallway and I had a cupcake in my hand.  Bug LOVES food and wanted to come hang out with me because I had food.  So I took him and got him out of the stroller.  Well after the cupcake was gone he took off down the hallway toward Bubba's class.  I walked behind him in curiosity of what he would do....

As he entered our Fellowship Hall where Bubba's Truth in Training class is held I watched Bug run to the other side of the room yelling Bubba's name.  He ran up to Bubba, who was sitting at a table eating his pizza (they were having a Christmas Party).  Bug climbed in his lap and snuggled up to him.  Bubba hugged him back and when I got to the table Bubba asked if Bug had come on his own.  I told him he had and Bubba's face just lit up!  I almost cried, but that would have embarassed Bubba in front of his friends (the class is all boys).  I told Bug we had to go back and let Bubba stay in his class, so he gave him and hug and came back to me.

Well if that wasn't enough to make me feel like the BEST MAMA, today while Bubba was doing his school work Bug again climbed up into Bubba's lap and snuggled up with him.  It again brought a smile to Bubba's face and it made me tear up (no boys to embarass him this time).  I am so happy to see my lil Bug love his big Bubba sooooo very much and for Bubba to love him back!  Bubba will make an awesome Daddy for his wife-to-be!



1 Timothy 4:7
"But have nothing to do with worldly fables fit only for old women.  On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness."






No comments: