Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 16 oz. container sour cream
- 2 10 oz. boxes frozen spinach, cooked and well drained
- 4 cups shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 3pks 20 soft taco size flour tortillas
- 2 10 oz. cans green chile enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 2 9×13 glass baking sheets with EVOO.
- Boil chicken in a pot until it is tender and ready to shred, set aside to let cool, when cool shred by hand.
- Cook spinach, drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, sour cream, spinach, 1 cup of the pepper jack cheese, minced onion and garlic, cumin and some salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into each of the tortillas. Roll, and place the tortillas seam side down in the baking dish. (I squished as many as I could in to get the most in 2 pans) Fill both pans.
- Then pour 1 can of the green enchilada sauce over the top of 1 pan, and repeat with the other can for the other pan. Sprinkle the remaining 3 cups of pepper jack cheese over the 2 pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and begins to golden, and sauce is bubbling.