From our Heart to Yours

From our Heart to Yours
Bubba, Bubby, Bug & Lil Bro, Daddy with Baby Bro & Pixie, Sister, Sissy and Mama

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Home Destroyers Part 4

Philippians 2:14-15 "Do all things without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure; children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you SHINE like STARS in the universe."  This has been a verse I learned and kept in my heart while under my dear Titus mentor in high school and college.  As I helped Nanny their family with 6 children she started teaching this verse to them.  As well as to me.  It is something I brought into our family and have tried to make as a motto of everyday.

Complaining is not a real weakness for me, but there are times I can get down and start to fall into that evil trap!  Most the time God sends me a song or hug or an encouraging verse to help me PRAISE Him!

As mmas we set the tempo for our homes and children.  If we complain about our chores, money, time; so will our children.  Then our home begins to suffer.  It gets behind, it no longer is a place of worship with our family.

Read Numbers 14.  What stands out to you?
For me verse 2 - the Israelites were complaining against Moses and Aaron, but God saw it as complaining against Him; verse 18 - Moses speaks of the sins of the fathers going to the 3rd and 4th generation, so the more we complain the longer our children/grandchildren/great grandchildren will continue on with the same behavior; verse 27 - the Israelites complained over and over never trusting God, do we do the same, is our faith limited?; verse 37 - God struck the men down dead who grumbled and brought a bad report to the Israelites from Canaan, what if God were to do the same to us for grumbling and bringing down our homes?; verse 38 - Joshua and Caleb who stood for the Lord and believed He could do anything were the eonly men who lived that had seen Canaan, will we choose to help our home and family live by Praising God instead of complaining?

So many women say "I can't take care of another baby.", "I have to work outside my home.", "I need MY time."  All these concerns are not that of God, but the world.  God will provide time, eneregy and money for you to have a family for Him, God will help you save money in other ways so you don't have to work outside your home, God will renew you when you are in His Word or you have a playdate with other Chrisian mamas and you go to Glorify Him instead of tear your home or Beloved down.

Here in America we ar so pampered!  We, even as Christians, feel we "deserve" so many things.  We forget millions of women around the world live without the things we call "nessecities".  How awesomely blessed is even the poorest family here!  How even more blessed are those who have Jesus as our Savior!

Stand with me to change the generations to come by Praising God in EVERYTHING! 1 Thessolonians 5:18 "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  Habakkuk 3:17-19 "Though the fig tree should not blossom and there be no fruit on the vines, though the yeild of the olive should fail and the fields produce no food, though the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls, yet I will Exult in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my Salvation.  The Lord God is my strength, and he has made my feet like hinds' feet, and makes me walk on my high places."

**This is my applications on the Home Destroyers Devotion by Above Rubies.

*This article written May 2012

No comments: