From our Home to Yours

From our Home to Yours
Bubba, Bubby, Daddy with Lil Bro, Bug, Sissy, Sister, and Mama with Lil Sis

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Home Destroyers Part 3

Pride, such a small word yet can do so much damage!  A little bit of pride is good and can go along way.  We should have pride in our family so that we show them appreciation and reward when a job has been well done.  We should have enough pride in our homes to keep them tidy and make sure they glorify God.  But foolish, selfish pride we must get rid of!  Proverbs 15:25 "The Lord will destroy the house of the proud!"

What am I so "proud" about that it hinders my family, marriage, Beloved, JClan, Homestead?  Do I think I'm to "good" to ask for help when I need it?  Do I think that I "need" certain things to make my family and Homestead worthy of other people?

I should be keeping our Homestead in a way that it glorifies God!  Only brining in "things" that will help us to glorify God.  I should be teaching the JClan in a way that glorifies God.  If college is in their future or not I should prepare them to be at their best to bring glory to God!  Nehemiah 9:21 "For forty years you sastained them in the dessert, they lacked nothing, their clothes did not wear out nor did their feet become swollen."  If God can take care of people with NOTHING in the desert shouldn't I doubly know He will take care of me with the PLENTY He has given us!

So how do I keep myself humble? Keep in constant prayer with God.  Memorize a few verses on pride and it's destruction and verses on humbleness and how God gives grace and joy to those who are humble.  Keep in check by talking with my Beloved to see where he feels my heart is.  Keep in check with my accounatbility mamas as to where they see my heart.

Remember: Psalm 25:9 "He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them His way."

**These are my applications to the Home Destroyers Devotion by Above Rubies.

*This article was written in April 2012

No comments: