From our Heart to Yours

From our Heart to Yours
Bubba, Bubby, Bug & Lil Bro, Daddy with Baby Bro & Pixie, Sister, Sissy and Mama

Monday, May 7, 2012

Home Destroyers Part 2a

Foolishness

"Then his wife said to him, "Do you still hold fast to your integrity? Curse God and die!" But he said to her, "You speak as one of the foolish women speaks.  Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?"  In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

What does it mean to be foolish?
Thinking my way is better than God's.  Not trusting He's BIG enough to take care of my "small" problems.

How do I pull my house down?
Not following a schedule/routine, not training properly, not standing up for our beliefs in minor times, screaming instead of being calm, not showing grace/mercy in God's way, not devoting time for my husband, making my children not feel incredibly special to God and Us, not being prepared for company and emergencies at all times.

"Woe to the worthless shepherd who leaves the flock! A sword will be on his arm and on his right eye! His arm will be totally withered and his right eye will be blind." Zechariah 11:17
Remember I don't need to be out in the world earing money  or fellowship/discipling other moms all the time.  I can earn money as needed at home and fellowship/disciple from my home!

Words
Words are a HUGE part of my life.  They are how I train/teach/love more than anything else.  I learned way before I was a Mama to say "bad behavior" NOT "bad girl/boy", yet I don't remember to put a positive spin on other things I say to my family or about them.  I need to remember to pray everyday and at every situation I am given to help use POSITIVE words to my family and about my family.

Do I speak foolishly or wisely when I give my Beloved counsel?
When needing to give my Beloved counsel I need to pray for wise words and remember to not be Job's wife!

"When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable, but he who restrains his lips is wise." Proverbs 10:19
"The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable, but the mouth of fools spouts folly." Proverbs 15:2
Do I talk when I shouldn't?
Yes! When I feel the urge to talk I need to pray and make sure it is what God wants.  I need to think does it glorify God? Is it raising up my family or tearing  them down?

Do I spend foolishly?
Sometimes!  I need to remember that although the trend is "bargan shopping" and "couponing" those are not the best ways to save and provide for my family with good foods.  I need to spend a small amount of extra time making homemade foods that are cheaper and more nutritious!  I need to remember that it might be fun to watch TV or be online, but I could spend that time sewing, making cheaper clothes for my family and some to sell.
"There is precious treasure and oil in the dwelling of the wise, but a foolish man swallows up." Proverbs 21:20

Reuse and Recycle
Don't waste money by throwing things out that can be used by our family, traded with another or sold to buy something we do need.
Remember to recycle, compost, and just not waste!
Plan routes for efficient travel and gas use, use shower water or rain water collected to water plants on dry days, etc...

We don't have to stand by the rule of "eat everything on your plate" and make our children gluttons.  Give them appropriate portions, give even smaller amounts of an unliked/new food.  Then make sure they make "Happy Plates" (cleaned plates).  Wasting food is not smart and plenty of children, in your own town, are going without food everyday!

**These are my applications of the Home Destroyers Devotion from Above Rubies.

*Article written July 2011*




No comments: