From our Heart to Yours

From our Heart to Yours
Bubba, Bubby, Bug & Lil Bro, Daddy with Baby Bro & Pixie, Sister, Sissy and Mama

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Home Destroyers Part 1

Am I guilty of having a pitty party about our home and what we have (or don't have)?  YES!  Sometimes it is in things & space and sometimes it is in looks.  I get tired of picking up & cleaning up, but I want to have a house that looks "show ready".  Sometimes my envy is not of just material things, but of the way things look.  Is my house clean?  Yes! Is it perfect? No!

I could spend a day, everyday, cleaning top to bottom, but what would that do for my family?  I'd have no time to teach or play with my children, no time to cook yummy meals, no time to snuggle with my Beloved.  And would that make me more happy or satisfied? No!  Would that help me to honor and glorify God?  No!

So what to do?  PRAY!!!  Remember a few verses... Jeremiah 6:16 & 1 Timothy 6:8.  Be happy with what God has given.  A nice home, (that is clean & "lived in", not a museum!) a wonderful husband who notices even the smallest thing done on the craziest of days, and my beautiful JClan that I could never live without!

As far as being enviess of things, not so much my weakness.  And I'm reminded with te few "things" we do have, of 2 things
   1) Our children are most important & they need to feel free & comfortabe in their HOME!
   2) We have so much Love to give our children, how can we possibly find time to use some other "thing" in our home when we have Love overflowing & Laughter to spare!

Remember Proverbs 15:27 "He that is greedy of gain troubles his own house."

*Article Written June 2011


These are my applications after doing the Home Destroyers Devotion from Above Rubies.

No comments: